The European Enamel Authority (EEA) has been established in 1990 at the initiative of the National Porcelain (Vitreous) Enamellers Institutes of Austria, Belgium, Germany, Great Britain and The Netherlands. It represents the porcelain enamel industry sector in Europe.
The European Enamel Authority is a European federation of national associations, dealing with “porcelain and vitreous enamel” industrial articles, and coming from the following European countries (situation Feb 1 2014): Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Slovakia, The Netherlands, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Turkey. In addition to these member associations, PEI (US) is an “associate member”.
The main scopes of the European Enamel Authority are:
- The editing, managing and controlling of “harmonized quality requirements” for porcelain enamelled articles being manufactured and sold in Europe. The latest edition of this “EEA Quality Requirements handbook” can be downloaded from the download page of the EEA website.
- EEA guarantees quality to consumers by certifying enamelling companies that fulfil the harmonized EEA“Quality Requirements”.EEA Certification of enamelling companies validates the compliance towards:
- Selected “EEA quality requirement(s)”
- ”EN-ISO product standard(s)” for enamelled products, in case such product standard is taken up in the respective EEA quality requirement
- Provide sufficient representation level for assistance in selected lobbying topics related to porcelain and vitreous enamelling.
- To represent the European porcelain enamel industry and its interests to all entities including the European Union (EU).
- To develop cooperation between the manufacturers and between the association members.
- To prepare and present statements or reports to the different institutions including the EU and to coordinate parallel activities at national levels in case of need.
- To participate in selected scientific investigation projects dealing with one or more of the scope items above.
- To cooperate with other industry branches in order to obtain the goals named above.